Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000.00 - £57000.00 per annum + Bonus + International travel
6 months ago
Senior DevOps Engineer - Manchester - £58,000 (Bonus + Remote work)
Our Client's Platform is a rapidly growing collection of cloud services. As part of a global team, the ideal candidate will be able to quickly move between architecture, design, and daily operations with an emphasis on scalability and automation.
You will dive deep into operational issues; from the software, systems, automation, and process perspectives. You will understand the challenges around integrating disparate infrastructures into a new facility, processes andprocedures and actively contribute to services that can shrink and expand based on demand, self-heal, automatically rollout, etc.
What you will do:
- You will work with Development and Product Management to design and deliver new functionality.
- You will perform deep dives into both systemic and latent reliability issues; partner with software engineers across the organization to produce and roll out fixes.
- You will identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company; scope and create automation for deployment, management and visibility of our services.
- You will work in an agile operations framework, balancing sprint-based work with daily operations needs
Ideal Experience of the Senior DevOps Engineer
- You can call yourself an expert with Configuration Management and CI/CD such as Ansible and Jenkins.
- You have hands on experience with cloud environments such as AWS, GCP and Azure, as well as container technologies and orchestrators such as Kubernetes, Docker or OpenShift.
- You have strong scripting abilities in Python, Perl, Go, or JVM-based languages.
- You have a solid understanding of continuous integration, deployment and operations concepts.
- Passionate about Automation... If you can automate it, you will.
If you are interested in the role, then simply click apply to be considered! We guarantee feedback within the first 24 of your application.