£35000 - £45000 + Bonus + Benefits package + Training
about 2 months ago
Business Analyst- Manchester - £35,000-£45,000 and Benefits
Stakeholder Management / Gathering Requirement/ process mapping/Technical Functional Requirements
RG is recruiting for one of the world's biggest fashion retailers. With stores in over 30 different countries and annual revenue of over £2billion, this is truly one of the best companies to work for in the UK. The business operates on growth from within policy, they believe that organic growth comes from the development of the employees within the business. By nurturing staff through their careers, the culture of the company never gets diluted by new starters. This creates a cycle of keeping the best talent, and furthermore attracting the best talent to the company.
- Develop a solid understanding of Solutions and Services provided by the company
- Develop good team working relationships within the Group IT team.
- Collect, analyse and document business, functional and data requirements from stakeholders and define strong acceptance criteria.
- Collect, document and maintain 'As Is' and 'To Be' business processes.
- Document solution deliverables within Functional Specification documentation.
- Work with all members of Group IT and 3rd parties to define the most effective and efficient technical solutions to deliver effective and efficient business solutions that meet the business requirements.
- Develop a good working rapport with stakeholders and communicate in an effective manner, ensuring all parties all kept well informed of the progress of business change.
- Work closely with IT Project Managers and as directed, to achieve the agreed deliverables.
- Work closely with the Applications Development team to assist with Business as Usual initiatives.
- Assist as required with the production of technical specifications.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience as a business analyst
- Previous experience dealing with IT systems, including web-based systems
- Ability to write good business cases
- A basic understanding of Agile processes and how to participate in them, with experience writing user stories and breaking out into a backlog of work
- Able to show evidence of process mapping
- Good technical understanding of business analysis frameworks
- Able to develop functional requirements and business specifications
- Excellent communication and strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Knowledge of any Oracle database technologies (11g & 12c)
- A discretionary annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave per the calendar year plus statutory public holidays, increasing to 28 days after five years' service
- Full membership of our private Healthcare Scheme
- Entitlement to participate in the Company Pension Scheme, for which you can contribute a minimum of 2% of your salary and the company will match your contribution up to 2%
- Life insurance providing three times with your annual salary death in service benefit
- Free onsite refreshments
- Free confidential counselling service for which personal meetings can be held on-site.
- Discounted products from the company store.
How to apply
If you're a switched-on Business Analyst and realise that this is a fantastic opportunity for you, please email your CV and a covering letter or alternatively you can call Brendan on 0161 5115 880