Bradford, West Yorkshire
£25000 - £30000.00 per annum + Additional Benefits
7 months ago
Finance / Accounts Manager
Location: Bradford, West Yorkshire
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (Negotiable depending on experience)
Why is this right for you?
My Client is a well-established Plumbing, heat and air-conditioning Company who are looking for someone to join their expanding team. This company have been built on their strong ethics, they appreciate their staff and recognise their potential. This is an SME that is expanding, so they are looking for someone who will be assisting with the growth of the company and the ideal candidate will have the right attitude, and not afraid to make suggestions, as you will have authority within your role and will be listened.
As part of your role, you will take full responsibility for the accounts department of the business. This includes the following - sales ledger and purchase ledger, preparation of payroll and month end reporting duties through Xero.
What are they looking for?
- A background within a trade would be ideal
- Experience using Xero accounts package and strong Microsoft Office skills
- AAT qualified would be ideal but not essential, as the nature of the role would mean you need to have a strong understanding of Bookkeeping and management of accounts.
- Analytical and keen interest in Finance with a desire to expand your knowledge.
- Supervisory experience would be preferred, as you will be working closely with Administration staff, as well as managing and developing a junior staff member.
Your typical responsibilities:
- Maintaining purchase and sales ledger
- Bank reconciliation
- Reconciling company credit card statements
- Preparation of monthly payroll for all staff members
- Completing, checking and submitting quarterly VAT returns
- Ensuring HMRC payments are made on time
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations
- Managing the P&L for line-by-line monthly comparison
- Managing credit notes and ensuring invoices match up to orders and delivery notes
- Ensuring measures are implemented and followed for credit control
- Managing CIS, PAYE, NI, SSP, SMP and Pension submissions
- Liaising with external Accountant for month end reporting
- Weekly Finance cash flow forecasting
- Reporting to the Directors of the business in relation to all finance duties
- Development and management of a junior staff member
If this role sounds like what you would love to do and you are wanting that next step in your career then make sure to apply!!!