£40000 per hour
0161 394 2195
about 2 months ago
We are looking for a Software Developer to join a Southport based software development company. As a member of the Project Development team you will be providing technical solutions for customer’s projects. You will work directly with the Technical Lead and Project Mangers to develop features and resolve bugs to ensure the continued success of these projects.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You will be a solid .NET software developer with commercial experience working within the .NET ecosystem.
- You will be passionate about writing software and will be accustom to delivering high quality, tested, scalable and maintainable code.
- You will be adaptable. As a software agency we get requests to do weird and wonderful things with weird and wonderful technologies. This should excite you.
- You will have an appetite to learn and to share your findings. Working at BlackLight provides a lot of variety. Combined with regular knowledge sharing sessions, this is a great opportunity to learn.
- To code, in a manner consistent with published coding standards, as part of a team to ensure all objectives are delivered to a high standard of quality and accuracy.
- To work closely with other members of the project team by understanding your own contribution to the team’s goals, taking ownership of any potential problems to ensure they are resolved.
- To design technically and document aspects of the software project, including but not limited to database, business rules and presentation. Documentation must be produced to a high level of accuracy, be unambiguous, and kept up to date.
- To act as a center of excellence in terms of the essential competency skills shown below in order to provide expertise which will enable the organization to plan appropriate future development strategies.
- To identify and highlight where productivity gains can be achieved either through new techniques or adoption of programming tools. If appropriate design, develop and implement programming tools for internal use.
- To practice test driven development.
- To help the project managers identify and classify programming defects and then develop a solution for these defects that satisfies the specification.
- To implement finished project onto target infrastructure, performing any necessary system tests and ensuring accuracy of deployment, either remotely or on a customer’s site.
- To be aware of current trends and new technologies within the industry and keep skills up to date through self-study and research.
- To perform other functions as required by line manager or BlackLight Software senior management.
- 3+ years .NET experience
- Excellent C#
- Excellent ASP.NET MVC
- Excellent SQL Server
- Agile Methodologies
- MS SharePoint
- MS Dynamics CRM
- Two development teams, project and product
- Agile approach, Scrum for projects, Kanban for product.
- Relaxed environment
- Regular SUKS (stand up knowledge share) sessions encouraged
- Flexible working hours
- Arcade machine
- Training available material for MS certifications
RG Recruitment has a proven track record working with the best IT & Accounting professionals.
We work with pioneering and ambitious start-ups, SMEs and Global FTSE 100 enterprises who need the best software developers, digital marketers, accounting and finance professionals.
We have a great team of consultants and recruiters, and some great feedback in the form of testimonials from our communities.
Our core values are to help our clients and candidates reach their full potential and realise their ambitions through providing a second to none service utilising the most advanced technologies and delivering our service through passion, commitment and expert knowledge.