£23000 - £34000 per annum, Benefits: flexible working
about 2 months ago
As a Data Products Engineer you will be responsible for designing, developing and owning data feeds which enhance the value of the current client offering. This will require creative and detailed analysis of the data reported from thousands of mobile devices located across the globe to determine what is possible, what is feasible and input into product roadmap.
The role requires timely and accurate delivery against the roadmap as the business strives to develop new data products which uses data to make market research simpler or creates new approaches in passive mobile research.
The role involves using Big Data technologies such as AWS, Apache Spark and Amazon Redshift. It is essential that solutions developed are technically sound and make use of the technologies available to ensure that they will scale with the business in line with client SLAs, whilst enabling long term robust Market Research.
- Working with both internal and external stakeholders to fully understand requirements
- Continued learning about the RealityMine product and the dataset which it generates
- Design and Development of new revenue generating data products
- Maintenance of existing data products to ensure that they evolve with the online landscape
- Delivery of quality code with appropriate unit and integration tests to the Infrastructure team
- Reviewing colleagues’ work and providing helpful feedback
- Interacting with team members to fully understand data structure
- Adhering to company policies and procedures with respect to security, quality, and health and safety.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- programming experience in data processing and manipulation with at least two of: -
- Scala / Apache Spark / Hadoop
- R / Python at scale
- SQL development experience.
- Knowledge of AWS or equivalent cloud technologies.
- Understanding of high quality coding and testing practices.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies.
- Good interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and willingness to help other members of the team.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Exceptional Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Bright attitude, willing to help other members of the team
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Demonstrable experience in Scala software development experience.
- Exposure to Apache Spark, or another Hadoop-based data processing system.
- Experience with and knowledge of database technologies.
- Experience with and knowledge of infrastructure automation.
- Agile software development practices including continuous integration, automated testing and deployment.
- Exposure to Source Control e.g. GitHub, Sourcetree and Bitbucket
- Location: Manchester, Trafford Park
- Duration: permanent
- Salary: £23,000 - £34,000 depending on experience
Contributory pension schemeEnhanced Life Insurance CoverEmployee Assistance ProgramEnhanced Accident Insurance
Please apply by submitting your CV.
RG Recruitment has a proven track record working with the best IT & Accounting professionals.
We work with pioneering and ambitious start-ups, SMEs and Global FTSE 100 enterprises who need the best software developers, digital marketers, accounting and finance professionals.
We have a great team of consultants and recruiters, and some great feedback in the form of testimonials from our communities.
Our core values are to help our clients and candidates reach their full potential and realise their ambitions through providing a second to none service utilising the most advanced technologies and delivering our service through passion, commitment and expert knowledge.