£35000 per annum
0161 394 2195
4 months ago
Autologic Job Description
Title: Mobile Software Developer
Reports to: Software Development Lead
Based at: Wheatley, Oxford
Normal working hours: Monday – Friday 09:00–17:30
There will be a requirement at times to work outside of normal working hours in order to meet the demands of the customer and also the needs of the business.
Autologic is a worldwide leader in automotive aftermarket diagnostics and technical support. In June 2017, Autologic was acquired by Opus Group AB (listed on Nasdaq Sweden), a technology-driven growth company in the vehicle inspection and vehicle services markets.
Autologic supports 6,000 customers worldwide, with a total Group turnover of £16m per annum. The Head office is based in the UK, with offices in New York, US and Melbourne, Australia. Global no. of staff 150.
Drew Technologies (US) and Autologic form an Opus Division called Intelligent Vehicle Support (IVS). Drew Technologies, is a global leader in Pass Thru and OEM vehicle communication interfaces for the automotive aftermarket.
By leveraging the expertise within the Division, Autologic is fast-changing the way aftermarket support is offered and performed. Through the combination of advanced technology, cutting-edge software and sophisticated technical support, Autologic delivers amongst the aftermarket industry’s most advanced and innovative automotive diagnostic support worldwide.
This is a Mobile software developer role to write and develop software for the automotive market. The Software Developer will be part of an agile development team, reporting to the Software Development Lead.
As a part of the development team you will be proposing, reviewing, developing, and improving a range of software solutions, mobile apps for iOS/Android, and cloud-based solutions to meet the business requirements.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Development of mobile apps for IOS
- Development of mobile apps for Android
- As part of a software development team you will participate in the complete SDLC utilising agile practices
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects
- Taking a proactive interest in quality issues and performance. Support the implementation of quality improvement measures while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Working with other software developers to resolve technical problems
- Adhering to software release control procedures
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
- Adopting a professional manner at all times with colleagues and customers
- Adhering to company policies and procedures, quality standards and Health and Safety practices
- Any other duties required to support the needs of the business
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Logical reasoning
- Team player
- Ability to learn new programming languages
- Ability to plan tasks to deliver to deadlines
- Visual Studio
- Azure DevOps (TFS) or Jira
One of the following languages
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in UI/UX development
- Android Development:
- Good knowledge of Java Language
- Very Good knowledge of Android Studio environments
- Very Good knowledge of the Android SDK: Activity, Fragment, Service, BroadcastReceiver
- Good knowledge of Material Design UI
- Experience with connecting Restful API with Android backend Services
- Experience with Git
- Familiar with Push Notification and Cloud storage
- Knowledge of Kotlin language or keen to learn in future
- Understanding of Realm Library
- iOS Development:
- Good knowledge of Objective-c Language
- Knowledge of Swift Language or keen to learn in future
- Good understanding of Universal Storyboard and Autolayout
- Good understanding of CocoaPods manager
- Experience with connecting Restful API and AWS
- Continuous Delivery with Hockey App of TestFlight
- Familiar with Push Notifications