£40000 - £50000 per annum
14 days ago
We are looking for a candidate who is organised and has excellent written and spoken communication skills. You will be responsible for providing high quality client service and to work as a team within the office and as an individual with your client.
Due to growth this company is seeking an experienced Lawyer to assist in what will be a busy and varied practice dealing in complex Civil Litigation, primarily in the fields of financial mis-selling and negligently installed cavity wall insulation.
The ideal candidate should have strong post qualification, or a wealth of vocational experience in Civil Litigation and will be required to handle all aspects of their cases from the pre-action stage up to and including appeals, if required.
Responsibilities shall include:
- Managing a Civil Litigation caseload from inception to conclusion, to include claims against financial advisers and insulation companies in negligence and in contract
- Reviewing and creating initial case plans by assessing client instructions and carrying out a review of available documentation at the outset of a case to determine suitable strategies to adopt
- Providing support and guidance to Fee Earners and Legal Assistants within the team
- Liaising with clients in order to advise on case prospects and take proof of evidence to be used in the case
- Preparation of documents to include correspondence, pleadings and witness statements
- Attending court hearings both in person and by telephone
- Attending case conferences with external counsel, where required
- Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls
- Providing updates to clients by email, letter or phone to ensure they receive up to date and adequate information about the progress of a case, when required
- Liaising with accounts to ensure funds are allocated to the appropriate accounts in line with the Solicitor Accounts Rules 2011
- Ensuring compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011
- Managing own caseload
- Knowledge of Basic Law
- Professional Skills Course
- Solicitors Regulation Authority training
- IT Skills – Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent English – written and spoken communication at all levels
- Research and analysis skills
- Being organised
- Solicitor Qualification
- Effective use of Case Management System
- Adherence to SLAs and KPIs
- Efficiently and effectively run your own caseload
- Managing expectations of clients and effectively deal with any complaints that arise as in line with Company policy
- Candidates must have Part 7 litigation experience from commencing proceedings all the way through to trial, including attending CMC’s and making applications
- Multi track experience is preferable with Fast Track Litigation experience as a must
- Candidates must have instructed and attended conference with counsel
- Effective communication with individual and business contacts
- Training/Case Planning with trainee case handlers
- Attending and participating in weekly case clinics
- Assist in training members of staff
- Any other duties as required
- Basic Salary Competitive
- 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
- Birthday off
- “Me Time”
RG Recruitment has a proven track record working with the best IT & Accounting professionals.
We work with pioneering and ambitious start-ups, SMEs and Global FTSE 100 enterprises who need the best software developers, digital marketers, accounting and finance professionals.
We have a great team of consultants and recruiters, and some great feedback in the form of testimonials from our communities.
Our core values are to help our clients and candidates reach their full potential and realise their ambitions through providing a second to none service utilising the most advanced technologies and delivering our service through passion, commitment and expert knowledge.