£45000 per annum
19 days ago
We are looking for a Technical Support Manager for our Warrington based client, a company providing a range of technology solutions and services to the maritime industry that serve to enable effective communications over satellite.
The Technical Support Manager is a key member of the management team, primarily responsible for driving excellent customer service through Service Desk interactions and by ensuring the smooth operation of the software estate and IT infrastructure.
- Lead, coach, support, inspire and motivate all members of the Customer Operations team.
- Ensure the highest possible standards of service are provided to our customers on 24/7 basis.
- Ensuring customer incidents are resolved to a high standard and in a timely manner, achieving internally set SLAs for customer resolution and satisfaction.
- Review policy and procedures to maintain best practice across evolving or changing commtiments.
- Developing a high degree of knowledge in all aspects of the software products.
- Lead the team in troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Promote a professional and consistent approach to dealing with customers and ensure these are applied consistently by all Customer Support Specialists.
- Take ownership for customer complaints and the complaints process ensuring issues and concerns are dealt with to the customers satisfaction, whilst providing full transparency to the Senior Managemet team.
- Form positive working relationships with key customer and reseller contacts to proactively address issues and measure customer satisafaction.
- Set and report on monthly KPI’s designed to provide transparency to key stakeholders on customer satisfaction, customer operations and repeat issues.
- Responsible for setting and developing internal IT strategy ensuring that the business is at the forefront of technology.
- Responsible for recruitment, training and appraisals of the Customer Operations teams.
- Operational ownership of all infrastructure systems and issue resolution ensuring 24/7 service availability in line with SLAs.
- Working closely with the other operational managers and sales staff to ensure there is a consistent approach to customer management.
- Assisting the Head of Operations in setting direction and objectives aimed at continuously improving operational efficiency, customer service, product development and IT Infrastructure.
- Working with other operational managers responible for the deployment of new software products, upgrades and maintenance fixes to the live environment ensuring that they are carried out under a robust change management process.
- Continually drive initiatives in the customer operations function to improve the level of service provided to customers.
- Implementation and continuous review of policies and processes designed to ensure the highest levels of security and information governance to provide adequate protection to the business and reassurance to customers.
- Stay abreast of new technologies and bring new ideas and thoughts on alternative methods of efficiency and security. Creating a culture focused on innovation and learning.
- Utilise all available data to analyse and develop the Customer Operations Department both as a whole and for individual development.
- The role includes an element of on-call.
- The role requires occasional international travel to customer sites.
- An educational background in an IT related discipline.
- ITIL accreditation or familiarility with ITIL.
- SQL (My SQL / Maria DB)
- Networking (TCP/IP)
- 2+ years leading a technical operation or customer service function.
- Experience with cloud based architecture
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and motivational skills with appreciation of the various audiences (both technical and non-technical).
- Personable, calm and emotionally intelligent.
- Good team working skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Passion for customer service, people and process.
- Positive attitude towards responsibility.
- Ability to influence and instil confidence with all levels of management.
- VM Ware
- Location: Warrington
- Duration: permanent
- Salary: £45,000
RG Recruitment has a proven track record working with the best IT & Accounting professionals.
We work with pioneering and ambitious start-ups, SMEs and Global FTSE 100 enterprises who need the best software developers, digital marketers, accounting and finance professionals.
We have a great team of consultants and recruiters, and some great feedback in the form of testimonials from our communities.
Our core values are to help our clients and candidates reach their full potential and realise their ambitions through providing a second to none service utilising the most advanced technologies and delivering our service through passion, commitment and expert knowledge.