£35000 per annum
0203 8000 704
4 months ago
A client of ours based in the south of Manchester are looking too expand their knowledgable support team with YOU!
They are looking for a 3rd Line Support & Cloud Infrastructure Engineer who is wanting to join a fast-paced, dynamic, service-driven environment. We need techno-geeks who can speak to people!
You will be required to work Monday to Friday from 8am – 5pm.
Your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for Priority 1 tickets and site visits relating to these.
- Delivering support and technical expertise to end users face to face, over the telephone and via remote support software.
- Responsibility for ensuring that San-iT’s systems are operating effectively and securely e.g. backups, AV, DR
- Creation of documentation / method statements / how-to guides
- Work to agreed SLAs and KPIs.
- Assist and support 1st/2nd line Support Engineers with workload as necessary.
- Planning and implementation of internal and customer projects.
- Lead the team to deliver the IT solution to the agreed cost, time and quality measures
- Ensure adequate risk and issue management in place to ensure the success of the project
- Take ownership of the post go-live support process to ensure teething issues are dealt with
- Proactively manage cost and benefit across the whole project
- Clear communication with the Support Team and all stakeholders throughout and following the process
- Take ownership for the successful delivery of all technical activities on the customer site
- Ensure post-project reviews take place to improve the overall delivery capability of the Support team
- A full UK driving license
- Office 365, SharePoint, EMS+S
- Experience of Microsoft Azure would be an advantage
- Windows Server 2012 and 2016
- Configuration, Installation and query of SQL
- Strong system, software and hardware diagnostics, fault finding and problem solving ability.
- Server Virtualisation using Hyper-V or VMware
- Experience of server implementations, device imaging and deployment
- Networking – VPNs, VLANs, LAN/WAN, DNS, DHCP, Fundamentals (e.g. TCP, IP)
- Firewall and WAN technologies.
- Security focused whilst being aware of vulnerabilities and threats apparent.
- Excellent communication skills via face to face, telephone and email.
- Ability to work to within tight time scales and deadlines within a team and on your own initiative.
- Have the ability to converse with non-technical people without technical jargon and able to build and maintain good relationships with clients, colleagues and suppliers.
- Our ideal candidate will also be capable of managing and prioritising their own workload and will possess strong organisational skills.
- Experience of a fast paced support environment, ideally with a Managed Service Provider
- MCSA and MCSE qualifications would be an advantage
You will be a reliable, responsible and trustworthy person who enjoys dealing with people and not just technology. As well as being both self-motivated and self-disciplined you will be able to:
- Remain calm under pressure and be a tenacious problem solver
- Understands when issues should be escalated.
- Be eager to learn with an ability to self-teach in areas of uncertainty.
- Possess a strong customer service ethos with a hunger to develop and improve your experience.