£30000 per annum
0161 2600 649
about 1 month ago
Xn Leisure is driving new standards in the innovation and design of software solutions for the Leisure Industry. Already the established leader, we continuously challenge our great team to extend and enhance an extensive portfolio of desktop and web-based products in an exciting and rewarding environment.
We are seeking an energetic Developer to take on an exciting role within our busy team. This role will be a hands-on position working on various different products including our exciting new online Leisure Management Solution. It will involve collaborating with the team to develop, support, test and maintain these products. You will have the opportunity to work on full life cycle using agile methodologies.
The role itself is very varied and will entail:
- Writing high quality, reusable, efficient code
- Working with the Product Owner to understand and implement the requirements
- Providing regular progress updates
- Defining and agreeing upon realistic estimates for tasks
- Highlighting issues and risks and assisting in finding solutions
- Ensuring source control and coding standards and procedures are followed
- Sharing knowledge and skills with others
- Becoming a subject matter expert in key nominated areas of our systems.
- Experience in software application development
- Excellent knowledge and experience of C#, ASP.NET MVC, Windows Forms and Web Forms
- Experience of web technologies, including HTML and CSS
- Strong SQL Server and T-SQL skills
- Experience of WCF, ASP.NET Web API 2, Entity Framework
- Experience of source control and ticketing systems
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Knowledge/Experience/Use of:
- Team Support
- VB.Net skills
- Modern Unit Testing frameworks
- Creating responsive web applications
- Ready Roll
- Octopus Deploy
- SOAP web services
- A good degree of initiative and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical people
- Able to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to quickly switch between pieces of work
- Be proactive with the desire to exceed objectives
- Able to pick up new technologies quickly
- Able to collaborate to achieve team goals.
Only candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK need to apply.