£28500 - £35000 per annum
0161 2600 649
7 months ago
Are you looking to work for the East Midlands Top Accountancy Firm? This is an opportunity to work in a training focused environment and progress your career to the next level. Full training package and study support offered with incredible flexible working hours.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for undertaking the preparation of client accounts and assisting with the provision of a comprehensive accounting and business advisory service to clients, whilst also contributing significantly to the on the job development of technicians and trainees.
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT ARE:
- Preparing client accounts and partnership tax returns up to final stage, dependent on the complexity of the business, for approval by the client manager.
- Preparing GP superannuation certificates (training can be given).
- Reviewing the work they are undertaking and refer to their manager any compliance issues or opportunities for cross selling of other services within the Group.
- Developing and maintaining a good working relationship with clients and to know their own limitations in providing advice to clients.
- Assisting with on the job training of junior team members whilst meeting work priorities.
- Promptly reporting to their manager any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc.
- Be AAT, ACA or ACCA qualified or qualified by experience (e.g. 3 years accounting practice experience).
- Have previous experience in the Healthcare sector, but this is not essential.
- Be able to actively manage their own workload, take responsibility for their own development and possess suitable IT skills to operate in-house programmes and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary.
- Possess a good working knowledge of accounting standards and the accounting provisions of the Companies Act.