£18000 - £21500 per annum, Benefits: Flexible working
0161 2600 649
6 months ago
Are you looking to work for the East Midlands Top Accountancy Firm? This is an opportunity to work in a training focused environment and progress your career to the next level. Full training package and study support offered with incredible flexible working hours.
The Accounts Assistant is primarily responsible for undertaking the preparation of client accounts, management accounts, book keeping and VAT returns.
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT ARE:
- To prepare client accounts up to final stage, dependent on the complexity of the business, for approval by the client manager.
- To complete bookkeeping, VAT returns and management accounts either at the office or at clients premises, as required.
- To review the work they are undertaking and refer to their manager any compliance issues or opportunities for cross selling of other services within the Group.
- To develop and maintain a good working relationship with clients and to know their own limitations on providing advice to clients.
- To promptly report to their manager any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice.
- Be AAT qualified, in the final year of achieving their AAT qualification or qualified by experience.
- Be able and willing to travel to client’s premises to provide services onsite.
- Have the ability to actively manage their own workload, take responsibility for their own development and possess suitable IT skills to operate in-house programmes and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary.
- Have previous experience of working in an accounting practice.