£28500 - £35000 per annum
0161 2600 649
9 months ago
Are you looking to work for the East Midlands Top Accountancy Firm? This is an opportunity to work in a training focused environment and progress your career to the next level. Full training package and study support offered with incredible flexible working hours.
The Audit Senior is responsible for assisting with the planning, fieldwork and completion of audit assignments, including the supervision of audit teams.
They also assist with on the job development of technicians and trainees, are responsible for undertaking the preparation of client accounts and assisting with the provision of a comprehensive accounting and business advisory service to a portfolio of clients.
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE AUDIT SENIOR ARE:
- To assist with the planning, performance and completion of audits on a timely basis by leading a team, and where appropriate undertake small to medium audits on their own or with junior team members with minimum supervision.
- To assist with more technical audit testing during assignments.
- To control budgets and meet audit objectives.
- To prepare client accounts and corporation tax computations where appropriate to support audit work for approval by the client Manager/Director. This will normally involve preparation of draft accounts suitable for client meeting with Manager/Director and subsequent completion thereof.
- To undertake specialist assignments to expand knowledge.
- To assist with ensuring audit team members receive effective on the job training and experience to complement their studies, whilst also meeting work priorities.
- Review and provide appropriate feedback in accordance with department procedures.
- To develop working relationships with clients to understand their business and to identify any opportunities for cross selling of other Group services.
- To keep up to date with technical matters by reading and attending relevant training courses.
- Where appropriate, work at clients premises which could include overnight stays.
- To promptly report to their Manager/ Director any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc.
- To adhere to the procedures which provide a clear framework for all members of the department to ensure effective scheduling, allocation and completion of work.
- To constantly review the work undertaken and refer any compliance issues or opportunities for cross selling of other services within the Group to the client Manager/Director.
- Be AAT, ACA or ACCA qualified or qualified by experience e.g. 3 years audit and accounts experience.
- Be able to demonstrate effective client inter-personal and management skills, actively manage their own workload and take responsibility for their own development.
- Possess suitable IT skills to operate in-house and audit programmes and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of accounting and auditing standards, the accounting provisions of the Companies Act, and relevant taxation matters.