£22000 - £26000 per annum
0161 2600 649
9 months ago
(Financial Assistant - Finance Assistant - Accounting Clerk – Finance Clerk-Bookkeeper)
Starting at £22,000 to £24,000 per annum (depending on experience in the sector)
37.5 hours per week, 24 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
Job Type: Full-time
- Processing customer orders, preparing invoices and maintaining accurate records.
- Performing credit control to ensure on time payments.
- Processing supplier invoices and preparing bills in the finance system.
- Reconciliation of bank statements in the finance system.
- Organisation of accurate records and documentation to evidence vat claims.
- Overlooking and managing petty cash account and purchase ledger.
- Supporting accountants and payroll with finance queries.
- Supporting the compliance team with finance compliance checks on documentation.
- Checking and reporting on payment reports from funding bodies and correcting any errors on documentation that affect income.
- Supporting directors and compliance office with calculations and checks of required off the job training for apprentices to prevent funding claw back.
- Performing risk analysis on funding.
- Provision of up to date budget, forecast and financial information for different departments.
- Liaising with different departments and teams to ensure purchase/ sales orders are in order and are compliant with finance systems.
- Processing expenses claims and checking for staff’s compliance with claims.
- Supporting directors and managers with analysis of different systems to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the teams’ duties.
- Processing customer grants and preparing reports for funding bodies.
- Supporting directors and managers with cashflow analysis and forecasting.
- Supporting directors with quarterly managed account reports.
- Supporting directors with the analysis of cost of sales/delivery against income and supporting with implementations for improvement that meet funding body requirements.
- Being flexible in a small office environment and provide support to the administration and support team.
This position will require a well-balanced combination of customer service, financial and communication skills.
Suitable candidates will be an AAT qualified, or part qualified CCAB accountant; or able to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge through experience.
There may be an opportunity to consider support for further study.
Relevant experience of working in finance in operational and/or financial management is an essential for the role and ideally candidates will possess previous experience of working in an education environment or FE sector although applications are welcomed from experienced professionals from other backgrounds.
Knowledge and experience of payroll would also be an advantage.