£45000 per month
0161 2600 649
7 months ago
Are you CIMA qualified ?
Worked in transport before?
Looking for the next step in your career ?
Reporting to Group Financial Director
The Management accountant will coordinate and consolidate systems to support shipments. Ensures lowest cost transportation by analysing company and customer needs, researching transportation methods and auditing internal and external costs and performances. Maintains logs and compiles information on routes, rates and services on various clients. Produce Management accounts for the business. Working across all group companies.
- Build analytical tools to support the transportation operation identify areas of profitability
- Prepare reports to FD for areas of non-profitability.
- Creating and maintaining an allocation of delivery expense to support a true cost to serve model.
- Work with sales function to build on time reporting tools to support customer contract compliance and costs/profitability analysis
- Works closely with IT to develop and implement road map for Transportation Systems as well as identify and log defects
- Prepare pricing analytics by creating and maintaining an allocation of delivery expense to support a true cost to serve model.
- Budgeting and reporting
- Advising on strategic planning and business planning
- Completing all tax-related material
- Creating financial statements for internal and external company requirements
- Providing financial analysis and forecasting
- Supporting auditing projects
- Possess CIMA/AAT/MAAT qualification or equivalent
- Ability to demonstrate Advanced level analytics experience
- Demonstrate proven experience within the transportation/haulage industry
- Communication and collaboration with internal customers, vendors and other Group Companies
- Ability to demonstrate good knowledge of MS Office, including good knowledge of Excel
- Be able to demonstrate good IT skills
- Experience collaborating with IT groups on system implementation process
- Experience of preparing management accounts for presentation at board level.
- Possess good communication skills
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate strong critical and analytical thinking
Travel between sites will be required
Sound like you ? Click apply ...